Do you run with purpose in your life?
Here’s the dictionaries definition of purpose.
Purpose – Noun
1. The reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.
2. An intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.
3. Determination; resoluteness.
4. The subject in hand; the point at issue.
5. Practical result, effect, or advantage: to act to good purpose
Do you know the reason for which you do all the things you do in your life? Is it for your family? Is it because you have responsibilities? Is it because you are a believer in God?
Purpose and calling are used interchangeably a lot of times. Either way, do you know yours? Figuring out why you do the things you do is really quite important. You need a purpose or reason to get up every morning and proceed to your job, to take care of the family, and to meet your obligations and responsibilities.
Retired individuals that I have spoken to convey their lives in one of the following ways; “I don’t know how I had time for my job with all I’m doing now,” or “I just sit at home watching TV because there is nothing better to do.” Which would you rather be? A person that has much to look forward to each day of your life or someone that has little to nothing to look forward to? You don’t have to wait until you retire to choose.
The choice either way is yours. What is it that you have been wanting to do? Is it something you feel is your calling or purpose in life? Then what is holding you back and why are you waiting? The blessings you could receive are tremendous when you live a life of purpose.
Try these steps to begin your purpose:
1. Write out a list of dreams you feel called to do
2. Take each item on the list and write out what it would take to obtain them
3. Pick one of the items on the list, yes only one
4. Take your calendar and schedule time around work and family to begin pursuing that one calling or dream
5. Sit down with your immediate family and discuss what you wish to do, how much time you want to dedicate each week to it and see if they will help support you by pushing you when you are making excuses and hold you accountable for what you say you are going to do. After all, they have to make a few sacrifices to let you work on this dream they will want to see you do what you say.
6. Put a deadline on that dream. Will it take one year? Do you need to learn about it first? Put dates on each item, plan backwards (year, month, week, day) so you can see you are moving forward and what you need to do.
7. Be Positive. Read positive books, quotes, affirmations to help you on your journey.
Don’t let a heart felt desire go unfulfilled. Create a life of purpose and chase those desires with everything you have within you. You will have more joy in your heart, feel more inspired each day and know you are moving forward doing the very thing you have longed for most. It’s one choice and one step towards your dreams. What do you really have to lose? Run with purpose.
Would love to hear from you about things you have decided to change in your life so you ran with purpose each day. Be sure to share this with others and have a blessed day!